- Community Images
A large-capacity pack for working guides or backcountry overnighters.
Black Diamond's largest ski pack, the Anarchist AvaLung Winter Pack readily accompanies you on long tours and hut-to-hut jaunts in your favorite backcountry haunts. In the event that a morning tour goes wrong, the built-in AvaLung increases chances of survival by extending your fresh air supply. Time counts in an avalanche burial, which is why Black Diamond optimized their AvaLung technology with increased airflow and a more easily reachable location within the pack to boost your chances of survival.
- Stowable AvaLung mouthpiece draws fresh air from the surrounding snowpack while directing exhaled carbon dioxide away from you via an integrated exhaust port
- AvaLung valve box moved to fit further inside pack body to prevent possible shoulder strap discomfort
- ErgoActiv suspension utilizes ergonomically shaped SwingArm shoulder straps and a flexible, removable hip belt to allow full freedom of movement
- Large zippered back panel and top-load access mean you can quickly get the gear you need
- Diagonal and A-frame ski carrying options let you transport your planks with ease
- Floating top pocket with tuck-away helmet sling helps keep your essentials organized when not in use
- Dedicated avy-tool organizer pocket and ice tool PickPockets help keep your cold-weather gear easily accessible
- Insulated hydration sleeve means you stay fueled on long, cardio-intensive days
- Use of the Anarchist AvaLung Pack is NOT a guarantee that you will survive an avalanche burial or a slide amidst avalanche debris; get educated, get the right tools, travel with partners, and be smart out there