- Detail Images
No high-wire balancing acts. Just a lightweight solo shelter.
- eVent fabric combines waterproof technology and industry-leading breathability to keep you dry and comfortable in extreme weather conditions—guaranteed
- Full seam taping means no drips, leaks, or creeping wetness
- Give a little hug to nature with eco-friendly anodized aluminum DAC Featherlite NSL poles
- Peaked visor shields face from the elements, and a zipper flap blocks chilling drafts
- Interior bug mesh provides highly breathable, insect-blocking, warm-weather option when you don't need a rainfly
- Four-season design features oversized stake loops so skis can be used as anchors instead of stakes
- Extra long side zipper means easy in and easier out when nature calls
Share your thoughts
Now Thats a Bivy!
- Gender: Male
USMC Approved. DeanDay was perfectly accurate, Thank you! -- Like this way more than the OR Bivy i had
Big Agnes 3 wire bivy 2012
Big Agnes listened to the comments on this product and went back to the all event (breathable) one color top for 2012. This bivy is wide enough to fit a rectangular 25 inch wide pad inside for big wimps like me. Most bivies will not fit a 25 inch wide rectangluar pad inside since they narrow down at the foot to 22 inches or less. Set up is easy. There are only two poles that are attached together to make head room. Poles fit in sleeves and reinforced holes on the bivy. You hang the bivy (once the poles are stuck in the sleeves and holes) from plastic hooks on the bivy to the poles. Very roomy for bivy, and only 2 pounds. The best bivy I can find for roomy pads and a good night's sleep.
Bad idea to have a non breathable foot box. Collects a lot of condensation even with the storm flap open 100%. Recently got the new 2012 version with a full event top and consider it the greatest bivy ever. Make sure to get the 2012 version.
three wire bivy
Evidently they remove reviews of items... I got a lot of moisture in this bivy. Got caught in the rain while in it and got soaked. Water soaked through the gray material.... The bottom of my bivy was full of water at the end of the night........ It isn't a wet weather item unless you have a canopy.... kind of defeats the purpose of lightweight....
Enough room in the dome that I can read a book. Zero condensation issues after 3 trips. Lightwieght and packs small. Last poster said right handed sleeping bag works better with this bivy. I think he meant left handed, the bivy opens on the right hand side.