The warmth and comfort of a traditional mummy-style sleeping bag for mild-weather camping.
For women who prefer insulation on both the top and bottom of the bag (as opposed to Big Agnes' usual matt-sleeve-on-bottom design), the Big Agnes Betty SL Sleeping Bag is an ideal choice. This bag's unique three-layer insulation helps move sweaty moisture away from your skin while keeping you warm through the chilly nights of late spring and early fall. Vertical baffles control the distribution of insulation from the hood all the way down to the tapered footbox. From the draft-stopping collar at the neck to the no-draft zipper that runs along the side, this bag will provide warmth for car camping by the river or overnighters along the trail.
- 27-degree temperature rating and synthetic insulation means that this bag is ideal for shoulder season camping missions or car camping during late spring and early fall
- Pinneco Core insulation uses three layers of fiber insulation with a breathable membrane at the core
- The interior Pinneco layer reflects self-generated body heat, the internal layer traps warmed air for additional warmth, and the outer layer releases sweaty moisture so your skin stays dry
- Pinneco Core insulation is a recyclable insulation that's manufactured free of hazardous chemicals
- Vertical baffles allow insulation to spread out evenly so you get the most consistent warmth from head to toe
- Insotect tubic construction uses arched insulation fiber that improves the loft resiliency after this sleeping bag is packed, and it creates larger trapped air space for the most efficient use of thermal energy and warmth
- Mummy shape reduces cold spots and weight
- Unlike most Big Agnes sleeping bags, the Betty SL has insulation on the top and bottom rather than no insulation on the bottom
- Nylon taffeta lining is soft and smooth so it feels comfortable against your skin when you're sleeping with minimal layers
- Zipper allows you to mate left- and right-zip sleeping bags to form one large sleeping bag so two can sleep together and share body heat
- Liner loops make it easy to attach a lightweight fleece or synthetic liner inside this sleeping bag and keep it in place when you're sleeping
- Collar, zipper wedge, and zipper all feature draft-stopping construction that keeps cold air from creeping in at the openings
- Mesh storage sack allows you to store your sleeping bag loosely to maximize the lifespan of the loft of the insulation inside
Share your thoughts
Great bag for my son!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I bought this sleeping bag in hopes of keeping my 5 year old son warm on backpacking trips in Yosemite. After 3 nights at or around 10,000 feet, I'm pretty happy with my purchase. Being a 5 year old boy with endless energy during the day, he sleeps hard with some concern of accidents. I needed a sleeping bag that would t get damaged under the circumstances, but was still light enough for my son the carry. Down was out of the question.
This fit the bill pretty well. We bought the petite, and it has worked well for him. I stuff all of his clothes at the bottom of the bag, and coupled with a zlite pad, this bag is warm enough for any summer or late season Sierra trip.
I gave this bag 4 stars for the compressibility. Well, lack there of. For being a small bag, the synthetic insulation doesn't allow it to compress as much as I'd hope. This bag fills up his backpack, but that's fine for now as he doesn't carry much.
All in all... I'm stoked I bought it for him.
So far, so good!
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I bought this sleeping bag a few weeks ago, and have only used it for one, three day backpacking trip. So far it has been great. The weather at night was in the mid-forties to mid-fifties, and I was able to comfortably sleep in a short sleeved tee-shirt. It packs well into the stuff sack, and fit great in my pack.
Hi, does the Big Agnes Betty zip with the...
Hi, does the Big Agnes Betty zip with the Big Anes Grouse Mountain sleeping bag?
Any of the Big Agnes bags should be able to be zipped together provided that you have the same length bag and the zippers are on opposite sides.