Built for big mountains.
You need weather protection you can rely on when you're miles away from base camp. Designed and built with the alpine in mind, the Berghaus Men's Extrem 8000 Pro Jacket is ideal for committing pursuits with a waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex Pro shell and intuitive design that optimizes comfort whether you're hiking up a glacier or swinging axes on vertical ice.
The Extrem 8000 Pro features Berghaus' Xpanse hood, which consists of multiple panels to increase mobility and can be quickly adjusted with a magnetic expansion system that allows the hood to be securely stowed when not in use. A combination of a burly 70D face fabric in high-wear areas and a breathable 40D nylon in the body strikes a balance between durability and breathability.
The sleek design of this jacket eliminates needlessly bulky zipper pulls and tabs, but maintains its functionality with two low-profile Napolean chest pockets and large hand pockets that double as vents when you need to lose a little heat during the ascent. The cuffs are specifically designed to accommodate large mountaineering glove cuffs and are adjustable via hook-and-loop tabs. The hem can be adjusted with a single hand when you're on the move, and the YKK Aquaguard pocket zips ensure any gear or beta you might have stored remains dry and intact.
- A mountaineering jacket ideal for committing objectives
- Gore-Tex Pro shell is waterproof and breathable
- Wear-resistant face fabric through hood and shoulders
- Breathable face fabric throughout torso
- Large hand pockets are harness-compatible and double as vents
- Xpanse hood is specifically designed for mountaineering
- Cuffs fit around bulky gloves
- Patterned fit to promote mobility while mountaineering
- Item #BRG002X
- Q & A