- Detail Images
The future of splitboarding starts here.
The Bent Metal Split Tail Hunter Snowboard Binding is the new benchmark for split-specific snowboard bindings. Bent Metal worked with the folks at Karakorum to develop a high-end, game-changing binding that get you from arrival at the ridge to shredding untouched pow in less than two minutes. Yup, that includes removing skins, collapsing poles, and packing gear; changing over the binding from touring to riding mode takes mere seconds. It's so rad, it's the recipient of Snowboard Magazine's Platinum Pick for Excellency In Design award.
- Open-chassis design allows the binding to twist with the board instead of prohibiting board flex while wide contact points provide a stable platform for the rider and drive response into the board
- CNC machined parts are pared down as much as necessary to reduce weight
- Riding mode interface uses five attachment points to create a super-secure hold
- Tour-mode interface makes a simple transition thanks to the light-yet-robust CNC'd quick-release lever
- Dual-height riser base comes with a 70mm climbing wire, with 55mm option available
- Heel lock-down of touring base allows for simplified side-stepping, skating, and traversing
- Lightweight highback is heavily cored out to shave weight while not compromising strength or lateral flex
- Full-length EVA padding on highback cushions from your heel to your calf
- Canted footbed covers the disk with a subtle angle that alleviates pressure on your knees caused from ducked out stances
- Low-profile baseplate keeps you lower to the board to sense your board and the conditions underneath you without compromising strength, support, or dampening
- Aircraft-grade aluminum heel loop provides bomber strength and ultralight performance
- Asymmetric ankle strap ramps up the lateral support for providing power into your turns while the opposite end is designed to encourage natural movement for effortless pressing; dense EVA padding and inverse seam construction work together to reduce pressure
- Toe Gap rollover toe strap lets you choose to run it over the top or around the front of your boot and features a cored out mid-section to eliminate material and provide a snug wrap
- Mid-stiff flex (favoring the stiff side) enables the Split Tail Hunter with mind-reading response required for freeriding on steep and unpredictable terrain
- No loose parts or pins ensure that you won't be hunting for lost pins or screws in the snow
- Each binding weighs roughly 30 ounces and doesn't require loose or removable parts
Share your thoughts
I got size 11,5 Burton Imperials. Should...
I got size 11,5 Burton Imperials. Should I get the L that is recommended for 11.5 +?
Yes, I would go with the larges indeed.
Impressed so far.
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Just got these recently and have only used them a couple sidecountry days so far, but they seem like a good choice. The Bent metal high backs are the right flex for me, and the straps are super comfy. The Karakoram interface is a pretty slick design. They ride well, and combined with the karakoram clips, my split is surprisingly solid.
I will say in the cold conditions I was in, some ice built up while traversing on the metal plates, and despite the claims that you don't have to, i did have to scrape them off before transitioning to boarding mode, though it was pretty quick. Also, on one of the bindings, the lever / pins were pretty stiff out of the box, so expect some break in time.