- Detail Images
- 154CM stainless steel is an American-made premium-grade material that offers excellent corrosion resistance, toughness, and edge quality
- Drop-point blade features a contoured shape that's large and round in the belly of the blade and contours to a broad tip for added strength at the end of the blade
- Drop-point shape is specifically crafted for maximum blade control when cutting or slicing
- Handle is made of synthetic material that feels light in hand and resists the damaging effects of water, weather, and impact
- Handle scales are made of fiberglass and resin G10 material that's just as grippy as it is durable
- AXIS locking mechanism uses a spring-actuated hardened steel bar that slides in a slot machined into each of the steel liners on either side of the blade
- This bar engages the ramped tang on the bottom of the blade when the knife is flipped open, thus locking the knife tang between a sizable stop pin and the AXIS bar
- Ambidextrous thumb-stud is built into the blade so you can open this knife with a flick of your thumb whether you're right or left handed
- Reversible pocket clip positions this knife with the blade tip up to ensure the safest next-to-body carry position
Share your thoughts
I have a question about the flipping...
I have a question about the flipping mechanism. I just purchased this knife as a birthday gift and when I opened it to test it out, the knife does flip out, but not all the way to the locked position. Is this correct? Other switch blade or flipper knives I have used actually flip all the way out and locked when you hit the trigger. Wondering if I got a dud?
It does not have the punch that some other Benchmade's have. The mechanism on this knife is meant to assist in the opening. It is not switch blade or automatic knife, you will still need to flick your wrist to lock the blade out as well as use the flipping trigger on the back side of the handle. It will become easier to lock out with more use.
Nice stout knife
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I got this knife because it has steel liners. It feels strong and sturdy. Others without liners feel weak. I don't want to be stuck in the woods with a broken knife.I like the size and feel of the handle. It fits my hand well. I am a fan of the flipper. It works well for me more so than a thumb stud. It arrived nice and sharp right out of the box . I love the look of this knife. The tan color of the handle complements the silver stone washed blade.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I've had this knife for awhile now, and it keeps getting better. There is really nothing bad about this knife, but it might not be right for some people. Here are some of the features of this knife:
-Heavy weight compared to others
-Strong, heavy duty blade
-Very nice grip, allows you to use when wet
-Very nice flip open mechanism
-Very durable, I can't see how anyone can break this
-Blade has a round belly, which makes the blade stronger for years of use
Overall, if you want a heavy duty, extremely strong knife that you can have for a lifetime look no further! This is now my go-to knife for day use and backpacking.