- Community Images
If you're new to climbing, trusting your life to what looks to you like a shoelace-thin rope can be a bit unnerving. Tie in with the Beal Top Gun II Unicore Dry Cover Climbing Rope for a confidence-inspiring 10.5mm diameter and a record-setting UIAA 11 fall rating. Whether it's your first lead, a long top-rope session, or a day spent swinging ice tools in Ouray, trust the Top Gun II to get you back to the ground in one piece.
- Dry Cover technology coats each sheath fiber with a polymer treatment for high resistance to water, humidity, and dirt
- Unicore construction eliminates sheath slippage in wet conditions or when the sheath is accidentally severed
- 10.5mm diameter is ideal for beginner climbers, top-roping, and epic hangdog sessions
- Weight of 68 grams per meter won't hold you back on hard redpoints
- Guaranteed impact force rating of 7.4KN ensures a soft catch
- Record-setting 11 UIAA fall rating ensures long-lasting durability and reliable use
Share your thoughts
Still in great shape on its 3rd summer
At the top of Steorts ridge, Big Cottonwood Canyon Utah
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This was the first rope I ever used and I have loved it since the first day I climbed on it. The rope is so bullet proof that it has held up quite well despite several novice rope drag mistakes. I have used it for sport climbing, top roping, and even a couple pitches of trad. I have climbed on it extensively (several times a week) this past summer and it has at least 2 more summers of climbing on it before it may start to become hazardous. That being said I think it could last even longer if I had a better rope bag and avoided rope drag. Overall this is a great rope for beginners or those who don't mind/prefer hauling the larger rope.
Beal Top Gun Cut Test
This video shows how Unicore increases the safety of a climbing rope.