The ideal balance between strength and lightness.
From multi-pitch adventures in the Dolomites to snow-covered alpine peaks, turn to the Beal Cobra II Golden Dry Climbing Rope for your half rope needs. The Golden Dry technology individually coats each fiber in the sheath and core with a polymer prior to braiding for maximum water resistance, and the ultra-low impact force of 5.1 KN minimizes stress on anchor points.
- Golden Dry technology coats each sheath and core fiber with a polymer treatment prior to braiding for maximum resistance to water, humidity, and dirt
- Unicore construction bonds the sheath to the core to eliminate sheath slippage in wet conditions or when the sheath is accidentally severed
- 8.6mm diameter provides an ideal combination of low weight, strength, and durability
- Low weight of 48 grams per meter won't hold you back on fast-and-light alpine dashes
- Guaranteed low impact force rating of 5.1KN minimizes anchor-point loading and ensures a soft catch
- 18-20 UIAA fall rating ensures many days of reliable use in the mountains
Share your thoughts
Beal Cobra Cut Test
This video shows how Unicore increases the safety of a climbing rope.
These are described here as twin ropes...
These are described here as twin ropes with a 5.1Kn impact force. But the ropes are marked as double ropes, not twins (I just received these from Backcountry), and on further investigation the 5.1Kn impact rating seems to be for use as double ropes, not twins. The impact force when used as twins appears to be higher. What light can you shed on this issue? I plan to use these as twins and don't want to do so if the impact force when used as twins isn't as advertised (I do a lot of adventure climbing on suspect rock). Please advise, many thanks.
Thanks for pointing our our error. This rope is a half or double rope and is not a twin. All specs are based on this discrepancy which I will be sure to have changed promptly. Sorry for that inconvenience.