I like the bag a lot.
- The hipbelt position can be vertically adjusted (The hipbelt is threaded through the back and attached via velcro - you can take the hipbelt off), but not by much. I am 6foot3 and the "large" fits me well.
- It feels very light and I don't mind using it even if I know it won't get close to being full.
- I'm not sure how the ice axe attachments will hold up. I've used it with two tools and the ice axes touch the middle loop. Normal ice axe loops seem securer, but this might also hold up. At least your tools stay super close to the pack this way.
- The main compartment can be extended significantly and it is never a problem to just hurriedly shove more stuff inside if you don't have time to pack neatly. It's great that the top lid is extendable.
- The pockets on the side could be higher, but it holds a 1L Nalgene bottle.
- The material very is durable.
Overall great backpack. Cheers. dan