The Cadillac of Backpacks
Picked up this pack in July 2009 for a 5 day hike along the Berg Lake Trail in BC, Canada. I'm 5'9" and weigh in at 170 lbs; I had this pack loaded up with 50 lbs on day one, and it felt like a dream.
IMO, the Argon has the best suspension of any pack on the market. If carrying heavy loads over long hikes is what you do, then this pack won't disappoint.
Other features I loved:
1. The removable lid and hydration sleeve were great for day hikes out of base.
2. Lots of compression straps for tightening up your load
3. The WARRANTY is hands down the best on the market; if you break it, Osprey will fix it, no matter what!
1. Make no mistake, this is a heavy pack. If you're a fast and light, gram conscious hiker, this is NOT the pack for you.
2. no pockets on the hit belt.
All in all, this is the best expedition pack I have ever used, providing unmatched load bearing capability and comfort.
As always, fit is key, so be sure to get measured up properly. Happy Backpacking!