Solid. Bombproof. Sexy.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Love this jacket. Was a bit worried about the diagonal zipper, and I can say that it did take some getting used to, but now I find it pretty handy. No cold zipper face! (Though it is really hard to find the zipper toggle with mittens on, guess I need more practice). Hood is solid, fits over a helmet. Wish this jacket had more pockets, but the Core vents are nice. The weight of this jacket is unbelievable! SOOO lightweight!
So far construction is good, have about 15 ski days on it. Color is great, never lost in the crowd! I am 5'3" and 120lbs and opted for the XS. Should have probably gone with a size Small, but they were out of stock, when I purchased. Backcountry is the only US dealer for the Norrona brand. So I went for it! No regrets, but I can't wear it on colder days since it's too tight to fit my down jacket underneath.
* bombproof construction
* Gore-Tex waterproof and breathable
* awesome color
* durable construction
* ultra lightweight
* huge cuffs easily accommodate bulky gauntlets on gloves or mitts
* needs more exterior pockets
* not as durable as Gore Tex Pro Shell, the tradeoff you get for the incredibly low weight of this jacket.
* asymmetrical zipper is somewhat annoying if not zipped up the whole way