I highly recommend the R3 as you main pad.
* Price! Seriously the R3 is half the cost of Flashed pads which are the only other pad I can firmly recommend.
* It has good absorption on long falls.
* Folds very well over uneven surfaces.
* Fits a ton of gear when folded up
* Doesn't have the usual folding issues with wrinkles in the foam and likely will be less expensive to refill if/when the foam breaks down.
* Durable shell, other pads (mainly Flashed) have this feature but new foam is usually insanely expensive.
* This thing is a beast and 5+ pounds more than any pad in it's size.
* Definitely not a second pad...