Harness for my new hiking buddy!
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I recently purchased this harness for my one year old border collie, Sam. We will primarily be using it for hiking trips. Getting the harness adjusted to fit Sam was a bit of a challenge, but definitely worth it! We took a practice run through the corn fields & woods on the farm yesterday.
* Material seems to be of good quality and resists dirt (because let me tell you, he is one filthy farm dog)
* Handle seems sturdy (and Sam didn't resist when I lifted him over things)
* I could instantly tell a difference in his pulling tendencies
* He was able to go much farther than usual since he wasn't choking himself with a collar
* An added bonus - he must have felt like he was big stuff, because he didn't want to take the harness off!
Bottom line: I probably wouldn't have paid full price for this harness, but it certainly gets the job done.