As a Scoutmaster - and a father - I usually have to carry a bit extra gear than usual and needed something slightly larger for longer day hikes. This pack works great - much better than the CamelBak day packs I'd used in the past.
Priced competitively with others (CamelBak day packs, etc.), it has the following significant advantages:
- The mesh back panel. It adds cooling comfort - and a place to stow the water reservoir if you don't want it in the main compartment.
- Comfort - the hip belt, perfect rigid/flex of the frame make this the most comfortable pack I've carried in this class.
- Integrated rain cover. Easy and quick to deploy - it works great.
- Hip belt pockets - for easy retrieval of smaller items.
- Trekking pole stow system - it works as it should, allowing poles to be easily stowed/retrieved on the fly.