? About Columbia Shimmer Me Timbers...
? About Columbia Shimmer Me Timbers Jacket:
1. does this jacket have an athletic fit or loose fit for baselayers?
2. how does this jacket perform in rain/snow or when soaked?
3. is the outer material delicate or durable and does it snag easily?
4. does the hood fit over a climbing/skiing helmet?
I love this jacket and these questions bring to light why
- it is fit to layer a little but not a heavy fleece. it is quite good at managing heat alone
- the outer is treated with a durable waterproof repellancy (DWR) that is applied much differently than others. it will not soak, and the insulation will not either. i used this for drizzly days in gropple and mixed precip.
- the outer is also a tightly woven, slick fabric that will not snag easily.
- the hood is built to fit over a helmet, but the bulbous variation of helmets won't allow me to say ALL helmets.
will you dig this jacket? Absolutely