After the charm of the first few snowfalls of winter has worn off, pull on the Basin and Range Women's Wasatch 600 Down Parka and put winter back in its place. The down insulation's high warmth-to-weight ratio means you stay warm without being weighed down by a heavy winter coat. The DWR treated shell helps prevent moisture from soaking into the parka, keeping you dry and letting the down do its work. An insulated hood provides an extra line of defense against rain, wind, and cold, while the extended length of the parka helps protect your upper legs so you stay extra cozy.
- A winter parka for bitter days when you need extra protection
- Responsibly sourced down insulation for lightweight warmth
- DWR treated fabric resists light precipitation
- Insulated hood keeps head and neck comfortable in cold temps
- Metaluxe zippers add stylish detail
- Regular fit with knee length for extra coverage
- Item #BNG0030
- Q & A
Purchased this as a gift for my step mom, she loves it. The length really keeps her warm and it's so light!
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: XL
I love how light this jacket is, especially for being a long down coat. Great warmth to weight ratio. And while I don't think it was fully intended, this jacket is relatively "packable" if you might consider traveling with it (i.e. home for the holidays, ski trip, etc.). It would make traveling with it especially easy.
How does this compare to TNF Metropolis II Parka in terms of warmth? Is this more of a standalone parka like the Metropolis, or a lighter weight "down sweater"?