Select your style & size:Select options
Home is where you pitch it.
Load up the Basin and Range Escalante 3 Tent and get away from the day-to-day grind. Built to handle mountain rain, desert winds, and coastal rain, this sturdy backcountry shelter is ready for almost any adventure. The fully sealed rain fly prevents moisture from seeping through the tent walls, and the light and durable 7000-series aluminum poles ensure the Escalante doesn't collapse on you halfway through the night. The Escalante is fitted with two large doors so you don't have to come face to face with your tent mate's morning breath when you're trying to get outside to make coffee, and the dual vestibules on both sides of the tent leave plenty of room to store gear.
- A three-season shelter ideal for camping in wet and dry climates
- Sleeps three with two large vestibules to store gear
- Fully taped seams prevent rain from seeping through rain fly
- Light and durable poles withstand heavy wear and high winds
- Multiple vents prevent condensation from forming along tent walls
- Reinforced at corners to prevent wear and tear from pitching
- Item #BNG002B
- Q & A
Battled the elements at 11k feet
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
My wife and I took this tent backpacking to Naturalist Basin in the Uinta Mountains in August. We experienced rain, hail, snow and sunshine and the Escalante 3 stood up to it all like a champ. The three person has plenty of room for 2 adults, 2 backpacks and a large dog. Overall a solid tent. Not the most lightweight tent on the market, but a good option at a good price.