Whopping dose of warmth and ultralight protection, because you and your sled have serious tracks to make.
Like a moto boot for sledding, the ultralight and superstrong Baffin Men's Pivot Boot not only protects against truly frigid temps but its carbon-fiber construction absorbs impact and vibration on the lower leg. With eight layers of insulation for a comfort rating of -94F and a moisture-managing liner, your feet will stay warm and dry from sunup until the next sunup (if that's how you roll).
- Eight layers of inner boot insulation with heat-reflecting insulation deliver -94F(-70C)-rated warmth and comfort
- Velvet-smooth Thermaplush lining wicks moisture away from your foot
- Carbon fiber 'leather' and ripstop nylon upper are strong and resilient to protect against impact during high-speed activities like sledding
- Convenient rear entry closes with quick and easy Boa lacing that provides on-the-fly adjustment and superior fit
- Articulated instep pleats allow comfortable flex without sacrificing warmth or support
- Ultralight BXT with microscopic gas-filled cells in midsole offers extraordinary warmth and support
- Strong rubber outsole integrated with superior arch support system provides grip, durability, and efficient, natural-feeling support
Share your thoughts
Baffin Pivot Boot - Men's
Phenomenal control & warmth.
As an Regional Avalanche Forecaster, I spend a lot of time on mountain sleds. Most days I ride in ski boots, but on big days when I need to cover a lot of terrain, it's just not feasible to ski. That's where these boots come in. I put around 50 days on them this season and they wore very well, they still look nearly new. I'm a very true 11.5 street shoe with a foot that's a bit narrower than average. I ordered both the 11's and 12's and ended keeping the 11's. The fit great and keep my feet warm. I was out on days when temps were hovering around -30c. That's freakin' cold, but my feet stayed nice and warm. I highly recommend these for mountain sledding.