- Detail Images
- Community Images
- Made with quality all-natural eggs, red and green peppers, and onions for a savory taste that's also healthy
- Dry weight of meal is 3oz (85g), and it takes up minimal space in your pack
- Add 1/2 cup (120 ml) of water, blend, add another 1/2 cup (120 ml) of water, blend until smooth, and cook over low heat in a nonstick pan, stirring frequently
- Check tech specs for additional allergens, nutritional data, and ingredients
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
For food that spends an extended period of time in a bag, this faux breakfast is pretty tasty. No complaints from a hungry backpacker. Always pair with cholula and salt packets.
Tough to swallow
When you're hungry you'll eat anything-except these! No flavor, even with added chili flakes, bad texture and consistency. You can mix, cook, and eat it in the same pan for ease and less cleanup.
More of an omelet?
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I've had some killer Rancheros so personally I think of this one more as a mexican scramble or omelet. Not very different from the Denver omelet as far as quality. Its better with hot sauce. Don't forget a pan to cook in. This is not a eat from the bag type of meal.
Spicy and delicious. I would definitely buy this again. Next time I'm bringing tortillas along so I can whip up some breakfast burritos.
As far as dehydrated eggs are concerned I guess this wasn't bad. Personally I am not a huge fan of anything with dehydrated eggs since once they are reheated they have kind of a grainy texture. Overall this was pretty good but not sure if I would buy it again. Also just a heads up, this does require rehydrating with boiling water, then cooking in a pan, so it is a two step process as opposed to the normal pouring boiling water in a bag and being good to go.
Great Breakfast Recommendation
Very easy to prepare. Tasted surprisingly like real egg. Good overall flavor.