- Detail Images
Prepare yourself with the proper avy tools.
Act like the stealth snow ninja you were born to be with a little help from the Backcountry Access Arsenal Shovel EXT with A2 Blade and 28cm Saw. BCA cleverly stashed the 28cm Saw in the Arsenal's shaft and built it so that the shovel can function when the saw is in use—you know, for testing the snow or fending off killer snow bunnies.
- Clever system allows you to slide the 28cm snow saw right from the T-grip handle without disassembling your shovel
- Tough-as-nails aluminum shovel blade offers a high strength-to-weight ratio so you can depend on the construction when lives are on the line
- Shovel's extendable shaft gives you the extra reach and leverage for fast digging, and it easily collapses for even easier attachment to your pack once you're on the move again
- Oval shaft with a 'ferrule-less' blade, ergonomic grip, and T6 heat treatment offers a more packable, bombproof shovel
- T-grip can be looped through and worn without a pack with user-supplied webbing or rope
- Pre-punched holes in the shovel blade make it simple to set up a sturdy snow anchor or emergency litter
Share your thoughts
what is the difference between this shovel...
what is the difference between this shovel and the 11/12 model?
Are the shafts of the BCA Arsenal and...
Are the shafts of the BCA Arsenal and Bomber shovels interchangeable?
Yes they are!
I was just speaking with the company about purchasing the shaft only from them, as my bomber shovel bent so much that I can't open it.
Backcountry Access Arsenal Shovel EXT
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This is a great item. I actually got it primarily for camping (firepit digging, and cutting firewood with the saw) as I use the arsenal with the probe for backcountry. That being said, it's great to know that I now have a spare shovel to take in the pow should the worst case happen.
Are the shafts of the Arsenal shovels...
Are the shafts of the Arsenal shovels compatible with the Bomber shovels? I'm trying to get a few different combos out of 2 shovels
Just curious what combos could you make?
they are interchangeable.
I've got a B-1 with a probe, not extendable. I'd rather have a larger blade for a short handle and longer handle small blade and not have to carry an extra saw. All the while having a loaner or spare parts.
This is by far the most effective shovel i have used. The blade is big enough to move snow fast and is great for building jumps in the backcountry. The saw blade is plenty strong to use for cutting down branches to make shelter or clear a path. Super light weight without the saw in the handle. I would reccomend this for anyone who gets in the backcountry for saftey as well as building!
What good is a 28cm saw when columns for...
What good is a 28cm saw when columns for CT need be 30x30cm or 30x90 for ECT (unless I have those wrong?)
Totally agree johp165821. I checked this out at the shop yesterday and put it down immediately when I realized the saw was only 28cm. Any saw useful for snow study should be at least 30cm. Disappointed in BCA for this.