- Detail Images
Stripped of frills and jam-packed with weight-saving materials, the ridiculously light Avid XX Front/Rear Brake precisely shaves speed and grams. These race-ready brakes give you all the stopping power, modulation, and predictability you could ask from any brake set on the market, in a stupid-light package.
- TaperBore technology provides consistent, powerful lever feel, predictable modulation, and weight savings
- MatchMaker X compatible to keep your bars clean
- Titanium hardware lightens the load without sacrificing strength
- Top-loading, organic pads are grippy and easy to replace
Share your thoughts
my buddy just switch over to shimano race xtr from avid xx (he kept the avid rotors cause they're lighter). he was having to bleed them every few rides. i've heard a couple theories on this:
1. the piston material was reacting with the brake fluid
2. there was a known lever issue that has been fixed in updates.
aside from that issue, the avid xx vs. shimano xtr trail or race don't modulate as well and don't provide as much stopping power (1 finger braking does not feel good with these). also, shimano uses mineral oil, so if you sever a line and get oil on your frame, it wont eat the paint like the brake fluid that avids use.
yes, they are much lighter, so strictly x-country weight weenies may still want them is bleeding issue is solved. but my all my buddies and all the mechanics i've talked to prefer shimano as well...