- Detail Images
It's one step down from Atomic's WorldCup design—like a race horse with a patient personality.
You crave acceleration and efficiency from your skate ski, but you don't necessarily want to dedicate every ounce of energy to racing. The Atomic Vasa Race Skate Ski gives you a way to experience top-tier performance without the unforgiving attitude that often comes with purebred race skis. That being said, the Vasa Race does share a fast base index and racing profile with its big brother, the Worldcup Skate Hard Track, but that's where the technical similarities end. The Vasa, at its core, is lightweight and snappy enough to propel you forward without throwing you backwards if you happen to botch your form just a little from stride to stride.
Compared to Atomic's Sport skate skis, the Vasa is an entire tier up in terms of performance, and you'll find that the Vasa feels much more responsive and quick underfoot. If you're an ambitious skate skier, you will find this a balanced ski that allows you to work out the kinks in your form and open it up on the straightaways from time to time.
- Mexcell Core uses Ultra High Densolite foam as the primary core material—this Densolite material encases a large-volume Nomex insert that sits at the center and top of the core, close to the topsheet where it can most effectively react to forces from the binding Together, these materials give this ski a lightweight feel when gliding and a dynamic, snappy kick
- This is the hard flex version of the Vasa Race Skate Ski—it's more responsive but less forgiving than the soft flex. For skiers with a dialed skating stride and smooth technique, this hard flex is the preferred choice for speed and performance.
- All of Atomic’s performance skis share a Base Index 5000 base construction—this base offers superior speed and glide efficiency in a wide variety of temperature conditions and a wide range of snow types
- The Vasa Race Skate's tapered 44-42-43.5 sidecut shape ensures a smooth transition and directional control after you toe-off from your skate kick
- Flat-mount binding compatibility allows you to mount any non-integrated binding (SNS or NNN) binding directly to the top of this ski. Look towards the Atomic Pilot Race if you want a slightly softer flex binding with manual release, or choose the Atomic Pilot Sport if you want the stiffest flex and automatic entry and exit.