Atomic Rainier Posigrip Ski
Feel the supreme motivational power of the majestic eagle graphic on top.
You're looking at the Atomic Rainier Posigrip Ski, which means that you're interested in ditching the skinny, resort double-track and heading for the freshness of the backcountry. Nice choice, we like you already. Far from an overly-snappy skate ski, this versatile stick plows through fresh snow and choppy conditions with a fat waist and grippy base. You could buy an alpine ski to accomplish all this, but the Rainier blows those fatties out of the water thanks to one characteristic: low weight. Tour light-and-fast with the Rainer and leave the spandex crowd back at the resort where they can talk about work while they take VO2-max readings every 2,000 meters.
- Densolite core sandwiches a foam core between a top and bottom layer of fiberglass in order to make the ski snappy on the kick and comfortably forgiving when you're gliding
- RT Profile keeps the tip lightweight and easily maneuverable while evenly distributing your weight towards the center of the ski for off-trail stability
- Metal edges allow you to grip crusty surfaces while turning and hockey-stop with ease, just like on alpine downhill skis
- Extra width underfoot helps you plow through choppy snow off the trail and float a little more when the conditions are deep
- Posigrip base climbs uphill with ease and minimizes the amount of contact surface when you're moving forward, maximizing the glide