Atomic's Backland Bent Chetler Ski constantly redefines what's possible in powder. Professional powder player Chris Benchetler chooses this ski to pop off kickers, jib trees, and flip off awe-inspiring cliffs because of the ski's harmonious blend of poppy performance, rugged durability, and a backcountry-friendly weight. Atomic's HRZN Tech blends a durable ABS sidewall construction with a horizontal rocker that adds 10% more surface area to the tail for less tip deflection and better tracking. Pair that with a whole lot of rocker in the tip and tail, and you're bound to have a playful time every time you dive into the deeps.
It goes without saying that a 120mm waist width means the Backland Bent Chetler Ski excels in powder, but Atomic added slight camber underfoot to assure solid edge control when you hit occasional hardpack. The Backland boasts a light wood core made of poplar to ensure stability and proper shock absorption, and there's a carbon backbone to increase edge control, enhance agility, and remain strong for seasons of cliff-droppings, tree-jibbings, and downright rowdy powdery play.
- A playful powder ski with big mountain chops
- 120mm waist width assures massive flotation in chest-deep pow
- Powder rocker excels on crud as well as the deep stuff
- HRZN Tech enhances tracking and decreases tip deflection
- Durable wood core with lightweight carbon backbone
- Chris Benchetler pro model
- Item #ATO006X
- Q & A