The Backland is back and better than ever.
Rando racers will drool over the Backland UL 65 Ski's slim weight of just three pounds per pair during the ascent, but be careful, because all that salivation can end up flying back and freezing behind your ears during the descent. This is Atomic's original ski running powerhouse, used in the Ski Mountaineering World Cup, and is redesigned this season to give you an advantage on the downhill without hindering your lightning-fast uphill performance.
This Backland UL still styles the same skinny 65mm waist and Atomic's All Mountain Rocker (early rise tip and camber underfoot) as the previous season, except the AT Tip 2.0 is now slimmer to cut through chop and crud better. The core consists of ultralight poplar and caruba woods, and two carbon inserts add stability and transfer power when you're carving around the competition. Atomic also added a fiber grid layer to ensure durability to the ski's ultralight cap construction.
- Ultralight mountaineering skis for randonee racing
- Skinny 65mm waist reduces weight and is nimble on neve
- Tip rocker adds lift and eases turn initiation
- Full cap construction with no for easier handling
- Slim AT Tip 2.0 cuts through chop and crud
- Ultralight wood core made of poplar and caruba woods
- Two carbon powered inserts add stability
- Durable fiber grid layer adds stiffness
- Item #ATO007I