Is there such a thing as too much powder?
The test results came back negative. There's no such thing as "too much powder" when you have the Atomic Backland FR 117 Ski. This freeride powder charger features Atomic's HRZN Tech ABS sidewall construction, which includes a horizontal rocker to add more surface area to the tip for enhanced flotation, reduced tip deflection, and overall better performance when you're in the deep stuff.
The Backland strikes a stunning performance-to-weight ratio for resort or backcountry use. A poplar wood core keeps the ski light enough for quick tours, while the carbon backbone ensures agility and edge hold when you're cranking speeds down big mountains. Atomic made this ski with freeriding professionals Sage Cattabriga-Alosa and Dana Flahr, so you know it can handle speedy descents down AK spines.
- Freeride powder charger with a great performance-to-weight ratio
- 117mm waist width excels in deep powder
- Powder Rocker handles powder, crud, and everything in between
- HRZN Tech ABS sidewall construction adds more surface area at the tip
- Light poplar wood core with carbon backbone for stability
- Item #ATO006Y
- Q & A
Ali of skis
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
Floats in pow like a butterfly, crushes big lines like a mega bee. Perfect everyday ripper for Alta/bird, Jackson or squaw type skiing