Wherever the snow's the fluffiest.
The Backland FR is Atomic's new collection of freeride powder chargers, and the Backland FR 109 Ski is the collection's most versatile choice for hitting deep days in the resort or touring to secret powder stashes. Its HRZN Tech ABS sidewall construction includes a horizontal rocker profile to add more surface area to the tip for enhanced flotation, reduced tip deflection, and overall better performance whether you're skiing pow, crud, and anything in between.
The Backland strikes a stunning performance-to-weight ratio for resort or backcountry use. A poplar wood core keeps the ski light enough for quick tours, while the carbon backbone ensures agility and edge hold when you're cranking speeds down big mountains. Atomic made this ski with input from freeriding professionals Sage Cattabriga-Alosa and Dana Flahr, so you know it can handle speedy descents down AK-sized spines.
- Freeride powder charger with a great performance-to-weight ratio
- 109mm waist width floats well in pow and handles hardpack
- Powder Rocker excels in powder, crud, and everything in between
- HRZN Tech ABS sidewall construction is durable and stable
- Lightweight poplar wood core with carbon backbone
- Item #ATO006Z