Not every day is a powder day.
The Backland FR is Atomic's new collection of freeride powder chargers, and the Backland FR 102 Ski is the collection's slimmest selection for an equal balance between soft snow and hardpack. Its Step Down sidewall construction ensures stability on icy terrain, yet remains light for popping out of powder with ease, and it ensures long-lasting durability because you can't get a new ski every year.
The Backland FR strikes a stunning performance-to-weight ratio for resort or backcountry use. A poplar wood core keeps the ski light enough for quick tours, while the carbon backbone ensures a light and agile feel when you're cranking high-speed turns down big mountains. Atomic made this ski with input from Sage Cattabriga-Alosa and Dana Flahr, so you know it can handle speedy descents down big lines.
- A freeride charger with a great performance-to-weight ratio
- 102mm waist width is versatile on- and off-piste
- Powder Rocker excels in powder, crud, and everything in between
- Step Down sidewalls for stability and durability
- Light poplar wood core with carbon backbone
- Item #ATO007A