- Detail Images
A women's ski that strikes a balance between predictability and performance.
The Aina Skate Ski, which is firmly planted at the top of Atomic's Sport Skate line, has carved out a sweet niche as a go-to choice for female skate skiers. Lighter and slightly more aggressive than its two lower-tier counterparts in the men's category, the Pro Skate and Sport Skate, the Aina offers enhanced performance while still maintaining an air of forgiveness.
The Aina Skate ski shares an efficient Base Index 3000 base finish and tapered sidecut with the other Sport series skis, but it differs slightly in terms of tail width and core material. The low-density Speedcell Core elevates the rebound and weight balance so you get all the acceleration you need without making this ski feel twitchy or too sensitive underfoot. This is a skating ski that ambitious female skiers can can enjoy, and one that carefully toes the line into the performance category in a balanced manner.
- Speed Cell Core uses a single, low-density foam that's even lighter than Atomic's comparable High Densolite Core
- Speed Cell materials and construction offer the ideal balance between super-low weight and fast, consistent rebound
- All of Atomic’s sport skis share a Base Index 3000 base construction—this base offers an efficient glide, and it's designed to help this ski perform in either firm or soft snow conditions and in a variety of temperatures
- Tapered sidecut improves maneuverability and precise ski control when the ski is in contact with the snow between strides
- The wider tip offers increased stability when driving forward at the beginning of your skate stride, and the tapered tail makes it easy to release the ski from the end of a powerful push or stride
- Flat-mount binding compatibility allows you to mount any non-integrated binding (SNS or NNN) binding directly to the top of this ski. Look towards the Atomic Pilot Race if you want a slightly softer flex binding with manual release or choose the Atomic Pilot Sport if you want the stiffest flex and automatic entry and exit.
Share your thoughts
Great recreational ski
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I got these skis and the matching boots last season when I was first introduced to skate skiing and I have really loved them. I was able to progress quickly and work on technique, being able to go out for longer skates and just have more fun. I think if I skate more often I would choose a stiffer ski/boot setup, but at my current level these have been just right. Definitely recommend for those who are planning purchase skis to go a few times each season or are just getting into the sport!
About me: 5'5", 115lb, ski the 172cm