- Community Images
It doesn't rob you of power; it has its own.
- Full Control Grip (FCG) design matches the contour of your hands to allow more power and control while reducing arm fatigue
- Tri-fiber combination throughout the shaft for the ideal blend of weight, durability, and flex
- Oversized fiberglass blade has a urethane foam core to lower weight and reduce flutter during stroke
- Synapse Ferrule is a low-profile internal adjustment system that uses a simple pull and twist of the shaft to make adjustments (15-degree increments)
- SmartSet Technology in the Synapse Ferrule auto-sets your angle to the last position between dismantle and re-assembly
Share your thoughts
Full length paddle
More paddle pics
Close up of paddles
Close up of ends
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Just got my paddle today! Wow, super light is right. Beautiful paddle, can't wait to try it out. Got this on sale, right here on this site. Thanks for all your help back country!
Maybe my favorite touring paddle
While I own and really enjoy several Werner models, the lightweight AT Xception is one fine tool. Even before putting it in the water it feels just right, so perfectly balanced. The bent shaft feels so natural (though a little more flex would be preferred), and the blades are the right sized for longer trips or more aggressive rock-garden style paddling. No flutter whatsoever. Not totally sold on the ferrule, but have had no problems. Overall one impressive piece of gear.