- Detail Images
A touring paddle with balanced stiffness and a favorable attitude toward a low-angle stroke.
AT Paddles splits its line of touring paddles into three categories: sport, advanced, and elite. With easy handling, steadfast durability, and moderate stiffness, the Odyssey Glass 2-Piece Paddle secures a spot at the heart of the advanced category. Comprised of fiberglass from tip to tip, this model is a few ounces heavier than the Odyssey Carbon, but where it's outmatched by technical material (carbon), it benefits in terms of value and user friendliness. The bent shaft design puts your hands in a natural, efficient position, the large blades add power without producing efficiency-robbing flutter, and the contoured blade shape makes it easy to engage and release from the water, even if your stroke is still evolving. And when compared to the aggressive, high-output Oracle touring paddle, the Odyssey requires less energy per pull and favors a more low-angle paddling style. This adjustable ferrule, adjustable-length touring paddle is ideal for the intermediate-advanced kayaker looking for an everyday paddle with acceptable stiffness, and it's also ideal for a beginner-intermediate who wants to upgrade without the sticker-shock of carbon fiber.
- Fiberglass shaft offers strength, durability, and a consistent, balanced flex that's not too stiff and not too soft
- Fiberglass blades offer balanced stiffness and high durability so you won't have to feel bad if you strike the bottom while perfecting your stroke in shallow water
- Ergo shaft (bent shaft) design bends the shaft on two planes in order to align the bones of your forearms and wrists to reduce fatigue on your joints, forearms, and grip
- Bent shaft design also helps you create more torque when paddling, it positions your grip in a more natural position, and it allows you to position your hands quickly and confidently the very first time you grab this paddle
- Unlimited feather adjustment is a low-profile internal adjustment system that uses a simple pull and twist of the shaft to make adjustments
- SmartSet Technology in the feather adjustment auto-sets your feather angle to the last position between dismantle and re-assembly
- Length adjustment gives you and additional 5cm of length for those with long arms or a particularly wide grip