Select your style & size:Select options
Heaven in hand for the most punishing paddlers.
- Carbon & Aramid braid shaft is lightweight, flexible, and supremely durable
- Unibody construction means that this paddle was formed as a single piece from start to finish
- Cutaway asymmetrical shaft design allows your grip to stay natural instead of super-tight
- Blade offset of 30 degrees offers powerful purchase and maximizes efficiency with each paddle stroke
- Large, contoured carbon braid blade has protective trim around the perimeter to protect it from abuse, and the lightweight foam core makes it buoyant
- Full control grip gives you the most secure handle on your shaft
- Item #ATP0014
- Q & A
Lightweight but Trustworthy
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I picked up an AT2 Superduty because I needed something that would be easier on my shoulder that's seen two reconstructive surgeries. Prior to the AT2 I was using an AT4 that was much heavier, stiffer, and had much larger blades.
The AT2 is great; the smaller blades and subtle flex seriously reduce the stress on my shoulder, and the low weight definitely reduces fatigue in flat sections of river.
I still have the AT4 as a backup, but the Superduty is absolutely my go-to for just about any water with the exception of very boney rivers. I haven't had any issues with the Superduty's durability, but I'm much more comfortable scraping my way over rocks with the fiberglass AT4.