Stay cool when the heat rises.
- Airescape technology uses mesh to limit the amount of surface contact with your torso so air can circulate
- Articulated foam panels allow for an ergonomic fit and enhanced mobility as they conform to your body
- Large cargo pockets on the front feature expandable, low profile design
- Chimney venting design utilizes a back-up buckle to secure the vest when the zipper is down
- Quick-access tab on front for securing a knife or VHF radio
Share your thoughts
Love it - definitely keeps you cool!
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I absolutely love this PFD. I did a lot of research into different brands, and I decided on this one because of the "airescape" technology. I get really hot really quick when exercising, and after a few hours of paddling on a lake at a pretty high intensity, my shirt wasn't sweaty at all when taking the pfd off. My girlfriend bought a more expensive pfd - and her shirt was drenched when we finished. I highly recommended this product, my only suggestion is a few more pockets . . . the "large" front cargo pocket really isn't all that large.
Astral Buoyancy V-Eight PFD Product Knowledge
Pretty cool is right.
The airflow through the foam is a real +. Along with the mesh back things stay cool in the summer compared to other PFDs I have used. Had my first paddle with this, a Wilderness Systems Pungo 120, and a winding river two days ago. I was immediatly comfortable sitting, and the vest never got in the way of my paddling. I reccomend this one.
The Astral v-8 vest is a giant step to a tolerable hot weather vest. Its not as comfortable as my inflatable vest or for that matter nothing. But if you want to live and you are conscious when you are in the water , it will keep you afloat as long as you can maintain body temperature and remain conscious. Fact.
I do one or two guide trips a year and this jacket is perfect for the minor abuse I put it through. Not sure how well it will hold up over time.