- Detail Images
- Community Images
For whitewater professionals and rescuers, anything else would be foolish.
Astral hit the nail on the head when it created the Astral GreenJacket Personal Flotation Device. This is a PFD for whitewater professionals and professional river rescuers, and it oozes with toughness and utilitarian purpose down to the tiniest detail. The front panel features a large, clamshell-style opening that can hold a rescue rope, there's a quick-release harness built into the side, a tow system on the back, a Spectra safety loop for emergency extractions, and the list goes on. Astral's designers even worked in their unique Tectonic foam panel system that uses a static panel at the chest and a dynamic, floating panel at the torso where you need mobility to paddle. Sure, you could find a lighter weight PFD option for the river, and maybe even one that's designed for rescuers, but you won't find another with the laundry list of forward-thinking safety features touted by the GreenJacket.
- Freestyle Tectonics buoyancy system uses a dynamic foam plate that allows for mobility at the torso and a static foam plate that guarantees that the chest will always be above water
- Foam plates are reinforced with lightweight plastic for protection against rocks and debris in the river
- Pullover entry ensures ultimate security by eliminating a zipper opening that could bust open or break
- Front panel is large enough to store a rope and features a clamshell opening with five pockets inside
- Spectra safety loop provides an attachment point for a rope during emergency river extractions
- Carabiner Park allows you to utilize a web toe or tow cord for boat or paddler recoveries
- Two side cargo pockets with zip closures for small gear
- Front lash tab for attaching a rescue knife or strobe
- Quick-release rescue harness tack-stitched into vest, rated to 1,200 lb
- Built-in fleece hand-warmer