- Detail Images
- Community Images
Bright, cheery colors hand-stitched in a floral pattern onto light-brown suede make the Astis Sacagawea Mitten a sight for sore winter eyes. And its silicone-injected weather-resistance and Polartec high-loft insulation keep your hands so cozy-warm and dry you'll be be frolicking in the snow 'til the real flowers bloom.
- High-quality light-brown suede leather hand-sewn in the USA is injected with silicone at the tannery for high weather-resistance, great dexterity, and durability
- Polartec Thermal Pro High Loft insulation prevents freezing fingers
- Length and cut allows jacket sleeve to fit in gauntlet without bunching and protects against cold and snow on deep pow days
- Fur trim and hand-stitched beadwork on the gauntlet make the mitts double as works of art
- Mitts will have slight variations due to their hand-crafted uniqueness
Share your thoughts
WE LOVE OUR MITTS!
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: Runs large
These mitts are one of a kind.
Seriously gorgeous! I wore them today in the 9 degree cold smoke at Alta ski resort and they kept me beautifully warm and dry. Everyone around me was complaining about cold fingers, but not I. These are stupid warm. I was concerned about waterproofing on these gloves, but the copious powder snow didn't stand a chance against wise Sacagawea.
I must say the red flowers on the beading do appear significantly more orange in real life, than they do in the product photos. But they are so pleasing to look at, I don't care a bit.
I am so excited about these!! They are incredibly warm, and the soft inner insulation feels great. The Polartec fabric is silky and luxurious, it somewhat resembles the texture of shearling sheep's wool,but much softer and not at all itchy.
The gauntlet on the mitten will even comfortably fit over the cuffs of a bulky insulated jacket.
UPDATE: These gloves held their own at Grand Targhee in -2 degrees F. No way in frozen hell my other gloves could have done this for me.