- Community Images
A special-edition Astis mitten featuring the Backcountry.com goat.
- Leather exterior protects your hands from the cold and breaks in to form the perfect fit over time
- Silicone-injected leather sourced from a tannery in Milwaukee blocks moisture
- DWR coating helps the leather exterior repel wet snow and moisture
- Polartec fleece lining adds warmth without adding bulk
- Long fit forms a secure seal where you jacket and mittens meet
- Beadwork and trims are handcrafted in Oregon
Share your thoughts
Backcountry Athlete Nat Segal
Backcountry.com Nat Segal on the Podum with her Astis mitts!
She's a boss!
What do people think of the durability of...
What do people think of the durability of these things?
Im going to Svalbard Norway for a year, and I want something warm and yet still attractive to make it through the polar night.
also any insight on how they compare to the astis zurbriggens? does one have more insolation than the other?
I've had these mittens for 2 seasons now (The Sacajawea style). They are extremely durable. The fuzzy PolarTec Thermal Pro insulation does pack out a little bit after extensive use, but nothing too extreme.
In retrospect my only regret is going with the lighter cream color, as dirt shows up pretty easily. If I had to do it again, I would go with darker Brown colored leather you see on this page.
The insulation on this mitten will be the same you find on the Zubriggen.
If you would like a full on, in-depth review, check this out:
Feed the Goat with the Goat
Live the Goat.
Eat the Goat.
Breathe the Goat.
BE. THE. GOAT.
Photo Credit: Jay Dash
Name's Christmas, Lloyd Christmas.
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Pick up a pair of these and head for the slopes instead of the bar! They look amazing and perform even better! I love the fur, intricate beadwork, and waterproof leather. They keep my hands warm and dry all day in ~5*F weather. I have yet to try them in colder temps but will update this review when I have done so. So far, I absolutely LOVE them! **One thing to note is that the leather, at least on mine, is much less copper than the picture, and more of a brownish color**
Astis /Backcountry.com Mitten - Brown