- Detail Images
- Community Images
For those who like to go fast.
- Lightweight, rigid, and anatomically-correct A.C.M. frame design distributes impact throughout the structure
- Asymmetri-glide hinge (rolling-gliding hinge) tracks the natural motion of the knee joint, allows for automatic tibia alignment of the lower frame, and has an adjustable ext. regulator from 0° to 30°
- Condyle shims let you fine-tune the fit
- A.R.C. (Adjustable Retention Control) cuff provides rigid lateral support and has a built-in anti-rotation connection, stainless steel retention strips, and Thermo-Formed EV50 shock absorbent foam padding
- A.R.C.'s inverted adjustment increases your lateral rigidity
- Anti-rotation tether links the brace to the boot, makes them act as one, and redistributes forces of your lower leg rotation
- Boa closure system provides you with a smooth even closure with no pressure points
- Medial macro-adjustment, quick-release tabs, and superb security to strapping for comfort and convenience
- Tele-tri patella cup (telescoping three-piece design) easily removes and provides full-range of motion coverage of the knee cap and has shock absorbent Thermo-Formed EV50 foam padding
- Water-resistant, non-corrosive metals and composites stand the test of time, and hand-washable fabrics enhance convenience
- Note: only one knee brace included
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
Unfortunately, I returned a pair of these the same day I received them for 3 reasons. 1) I was highly disappointed with the hinge system and the side to side movement between the upper and lower brace, 2) one of the braces had a loose/broken piece of epoxy, now it wasn't just the fact that it was damaged I could have simply returned it for another but more so that there was that large of a chunk of glue with no CF material in it and 3) which was just me being picky but one brace came in a matte finish and the other in gloss which I found to be odd.
Again, the biggest reason was the lateral movement between the upper/lower braces which baffles me on how they're supposed to protect the knee with that much play. For comparison's sake I used my '92 CTi and there was none. I wound up going with the PodMX K700's, much nicer and closer construction to the CTi's....imho!
Extension / Flexion Regulation?
Extension / Flexion Regulation?
I see in the description that it has an extension regulator...does it also offer settings to regulate flexion?
There is not a flexion adjustment. I've found you can't fully flex the knee though because of the boa buckles.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This knee brace for snowboarding/motorcross riding has literally helped my son go back to the sport he is most passionate about; park snowboarding! After a complex meniscal tear surgery, we purchased a snowboard with more cushion to see if that would help with some of the pain he was experiencing riding park, and it didn't. He had to go back to strictly downhill boarding. We purchased this brace, and he's on the mountain, every weekend riding park again! Thank you backcountry;)
I just tore my ACL landing a jump on the...
I just tore my ACL landing a jump on the ski slope. It looks like I have a surgery and plenty of PT in my near future, but I'm looking into knee protection for next ski season. Will this brace help prevent ACL re-injury?
So I had ACL surgery last spring and instead of the traditional Don Joy brace they suggested I went with these. They're way more comfortable, easy to adjust and offer impact protection as well. So far I've put skied and snowboarded at least 60+ days wearing this brace everytime with no strain on my knee.
My fulltime skier friends attach them to their boots which adds even more protection. So in my opinion these will protect your knee. That said there is always a chance. Do your PT and lots of cycling, you'll be ready to shred by next season!
I would tell you to absolutely try this brace! My son had a complex meniscal tear surgery last summer and when winter hit, he was back on the slopes trying to ride park on his snowboard; he was in agony! He even went back to strictly boarding downhill (but park riding is his passion). We purchased this brace, and he's back up on the slopes every weekend riding park because of this brace. A little pricey but well worth the cost; try it, you'll love it;). Hope everything goes well with your surgery.
Taking my bionic knee for a walk
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This brace is amazing. I tore my ACL a few years back and my knee has never been the same. The BOA system that this brace comes with makes it very easy to get the right fit, not to mention it has a million different places you can adjust it with the included tool from Asterisk. If you're into high impact sports and need some additional protection or want to prevent a big injury, this is definitely the piece of equipment you want to get for your knees.