- Detail Images
- Community Images
Built for rugged terrain and heavy packs.
- Upper made from durable and water-resistant suede
- Gore-Tex Performance Comfort membrane retains heat, offers waterproof protection, and remains breathable
- Heavily lugged Vibram sole offers superior traction and four-way slip resistance
- Anti-Shock PU technology in midsole reduces bruising and fatigue, absorbs shock, and offers a high level of rebound mile after mile
- Lite 2 anatomic footbed supports and cushions your foot with a lightweight molded foam
- Last fits feet with a medium to large width
- Made in Europe
- All components of the boot such as materials, stitching, lace hooks, and laces are subjected to regular quality inspections to meet the standards of Gore and Asolo
Share your thoughts
Can't wait to put miles on these boots!
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
I have tried on many boots in my quest for new boots and these are amazing. Super comfortable out of the box with good room in the toe box will work well for a wider foot. I also tried the Asolo Drifter GV and there is no comparison on the comfort, performance and support of the Khumbu GV. Happy I found these at such a great price from Backcountry!
A great buy!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
After years of backpacking and canoeing with my last pair of Asolos, it was finally time to get a new pair. I chose these after plenty of nights up reading reviews. I wanted something with more leather coverage, so there would be less possible seam tears. I also wanted a thick sole that would take years to wear down. This boot is exactly what I wanted and more. The waterproofing is fantastic (everything you'd expect from a Gore-Tex membrane), the insides dry out fast when you do find yourself with clumps of snow or a deep crossing, and my joints are doing just fine after even the longest boulder fields. I can't recommend these boots enough. Though pricey, they'll last you an incredibly long time.
Asolo Khumbu GV Backpacking Boot - Women
Snowden Peak in Silverton
Starting a night mission up the Naked Lady Couloir.
Although I haven't put many miles on my Khumbu's yet, I've been very pleased with them. They felt great without having to break them in. They kept the water out and provided great support. I wore them on a "supposed-to-be-casual" moonlight ascent of the Naked Lady Couloir in Silverton, CO than turned a little epic. The performed great alone, through mud, with strap on crampons, and in snowshoes.