Mixed elements for mixed uses.
- Asolo's Vibram Radiant sole uses the Aso-Brake system, increased protection on the forefoot, and a radial grip pattern that offers control against pronation
- Speed-hooks keep laces aligned and help to cinch down the perfect fit while taking pressure off your hands
- Upper made from durable and water-resistant suede
- Gore-Tex Performance Comfort membrane retains heat, offers waterproof protection, and breathes
- Lite 2 anatomic footbed supports and cushions your foot with a lightweight molded foam
- Last fits feet with a medium to large width
- Made in Europe
- All components of the boot such as materials, stitching, lace hooks, and laces are subjected to regular quality inspections to meet the standards of Gore and Asolo
Share your thoughts
Are these narrow in the heel? I was drawn...
Are these narrow in the heel? I was drawn to Asolo because I was told that they have a narrow heel. The description says that they fit regular to wide feet. Thanks
Asolo Drifter GV Backpacking Boot
All season hiking boot
I bought these boots for day hikes as well as the Kilimanjaro summit. These boots are great. Waterproof tested - I?ve walked through small streams, hiked in downpouring rain, and my feet always stay dry. They took me 2-3 hikes (or about 10-20 miles to break-in). At first the ankle area was a little stiff, but broke in nicely. Also, the shoe allows flexibility while still remaining very hard (I can kick rocks and not feel like I?m stubbing my toes ? and I don?t feel jagged rocks or stones through the shoe). I would suggest wearing tall socks with these boots, since if you wear ankle socks, the upper part of the boot might chafe your leg if it is against bare skin (I made this mistake once, and learned to just wear longer socks). The boots along with a pair of heavy socks kept my foot warm on the summit of Kilimanjaro (with temperatures around 0 degrees). And I?ve also worn these boots in the humidity of the Northeast summer with light socks (you get pretty sweaty feet, but it?s not uncomfortable). Overall a great, versatile boot once you break it in.