- Detail Images
Plush, stable, and quick—that's as good as a road shoe gets.
One glance at the laundry list of technology packed into the Asics Women's GEL-Nimbus 14 Running Shoe and you might think that this shoe was designed on another planet―but rest assured, it was designed by the fine folks here on Earth. Stretch mesh allows the upper to conform to your foot, two layers of memory foam line the collar, a dynamic midsole structure provides neutral correction with each footfall, and ample, lightweight cushioning soaks up the impact from the road.
At 11 ounces, the Gel-Nimbus is slightly heavier than other neutral-friendly shoes from Asics, like the Gel-Lyte33 or the GT-2000. Or, if you're looking for more cushioning, you could look towards the Gel-Inferno or the Gel-Cumulus; however, none of these shoes offer such an ideal balance of plushness and stability that the Nimbus 14 brings to the table. Ultimately, this is a sleek, highly cushioned distance shoe for road runners with
normal or high arches and runners with a range of pronation-support
- Upper has strategically placed stretch-mesh to aid fit and keeps the upper material from buckling uncomfortably when the shoe is flexed
- ComforDry Sockliner provides cushioning, resists odor-causing bacteria, and encourages the movement of moisture away from your skin
- Ankle collar molds to the foot thanks to dual-layer memory foam cushioning
- Impact Guidance System links the midsole structure, cushioning, and forefoot structures in order to more closely guide the foot through its natural heel-strike and toe-off cycle
- Space Trusstic System is a midfoot stabilizing technology that creates a pocket between the internal Trusstic structure and the midsole
- Trusstic System allows the midsole to flex, expand, and compress upon impact with the ground, allowing for more efficient foot strikes
- Midsole is made of dual-density foam that provides support and stabilizes your footstrike on uneven terrain
- Solyte midsole material is ultralight and extra-durable
- Rear and forefoot GEL pods absorbs shock when your foot hits the ground so you get the smoothest transition from heel to toe
- 12mm drop (heel-forefoot offset) offers a more traditional running shoe feel and supports runners who naturally heelstrike (or prefer to) when running
- Two layers of memory foam line the collar and mold to your heel to create a the most personalized fit
- DuraSponge Outsole is a blown rubber compound that offers a higher level of cushioning and durability in the forefoot than traditional outsole material
- Outsole is reinforced with high abrasion rubber in critical areas
- Sole uses vertical flex grooves that allow for a more flexible tread pattern
Share your thoughts
Great Street Running Shoe!
- Fit: True to size
I gave these bad boys as a gift to my sis and she can't stop talking about them. She has a pretty narrow foot. She says there were no hot spots and they felt great the first time she put them on. Cool colors as well!
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Love these shoes. I was a die hard Pearl Izumi fan until I tried these. They have great support and are really light weight. I bought them in black and they are even cooler looking in person.