Asics GEL-Lyte33 2 Running Shoe - Women's
- Detail Images
- Community Images
Free your foot to flex and give up nothing when it comes to support.
Asics' 33 collection of shoes complements the 33 joints that allow your foot to flex and adapt to the ground while you run, and the Women's Gel-Lyte 33 2 Running Shoe is a shining example of this marriage of biomechanics and design in action. This is a training shoe for middle-distance runners who underpronate or those in need of neutral cushioning or moderate overpronation correction. Like the lightweight sole, the upper is streamlined and flexible, designed specifically for articulation and maximum comfort. Full-length cushioning adds spring to your step and the FluidAxis midsole design engages your ankle and forefoot joints to encourage an efficient, natural gait when you're going the distance.
'Natural' training shoes are a dime-a-dozen these days, so the Gel-Lyte33 approaches the idea in a new way. Structured support features and cushioning materials are shaped in such a way to allow both to flex simultaneously so the entire midsole reacts to varying levels of impact at different angles, from heel to toe. When your foot hits the ground your gait feels smooth and your transition off your toes fluid. Thanks to this articulated design your running feels more efficient, your foot free to flex, and you sacrifice nothing in the way of support.
- Ideal for runners who underpronate or require neutral support or moderate overpronation correction
- Seamless upper quarter panel uses more welding than stitching, thus eliminating chaffing and irritation
- Mono Sock contours around the ankle for improved comfort
- 33 midsole construction uses strategically positioned cushioning and support structures to allow your foot to naturally flex at any one of its 33 joints
- This midsole construction allows different parts of the shoe to adapt simultaneously to a variety load profiles from different angles
- FluidAxis technology enables natural foot rotation by engaging your ankle and joints at your forefoot
- Moderate, 6mm drop (heel-forefoot offset) allows you to transition to a midfoot or forefoot striking style or to rely on heel striking when necessary
- SpEVA midsole and full-length solyte cushioning absorb impact during so there's less stress on the knee and ankle
- Guidance Line design utilizes vertical flex grooves to allow the outsole and midsole to flex with greater efficiency
- F.A.S.T heel uses a sleek external heel counter to provide stability and improve fit
- GEL cushioning absorbs impact and provides rebound to smooth out the transition to your forefoot
- F.A.S.T sole is comprised of minimal outsole material, making the shoe lighter overall
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift, but have feedback to share
- Fit: True to size
I bought this for my wife and she really likes it. Superb quality. They fit really good. She got the periwinkle.