- Detail Images
A light and fast road runner for women, eighteen years in the making.
Asics designed the Women's Gel-Kayano 18 Running Shoe to provide structured cushioning for mid-to-long-distance road running. Every year this shoe returns, lighter and more comfortable than ever, and this year it features new stretch mesh uppers and a unique heel support system. An additional 3mm of heel height helps relieve Achilles tension common to female runners, and there's lower density cushioning in the forefoot, also added just for the women. After 18 years, this shoe has finally reached its pinnacle.
- Upper uses stretch material for comfort and mobility in strategic areas
- ComforDry Sockliner provides cushioning and resists the bacteria that causes odors
- Sockliner also encourages the movement of moisture away form your skin so your foot stays dry even if you work up a sweat
- Ankle collar molds to the foot thanks to dual-layer memory foam cushioning
- GEL cushioning absorbs impact at the rear and forefoot as the foot rolls from heel to toe
- Stabilizer at the midfoot creates a pocket between Asic's Trusstic midsole reinforcement structure and the midsole cushioning that allows the midsole to compress on impact and improve overall cushioning efficiency
- Midsole is made of dual-density foam that provides support and stabilizes your footstrike on uneven terrain
- Solyte midsole material is ultralight and extra durable
- Midsole, sole, and cushioning are linked together in design to provide the most natural gait from heel strike to toe off
- Outsole is reinforced with high abrasion rubber in critical areas
- Sole uses vertical flex grooves that allow for a more flexible tread pattern