- Detail Images
- Community Images
The three-in-one winter pack that's compatible with ABS airbag technology.
Just like skis or snowboards, it can be expensive to own a quiver of backpacks. Arva set out to solve this problem with the X-Over Vario Zip-On ABS Backpack. Either of the bags can be zipped onto an ABS airbag base unit (sold separately), so you get the advantage of having a backpack set that's fully compatible with industry-leading avalanche safety technology. The Arva Zip-On bag carries skis or a snowboard, avalanche safety gear, and a hydration bladder, while the smaller, ultralight pocket gives you bare-minimum storage when you're lapping the lift or tram inbounds. With the X-Over all you need is an ABS base unit, and you've got enough backpack combinations to take you from serious avalanche terrain to light-and-fast shredding at the resort.
- Arva pocket zips onto an ABS unit and can be used to carry skis, a board, a hydration sleeve, and your avalanche safety gear
- Pockets zip on and off base units using a rugged, no-jam zipper
- 420D nylon ripstop is highly abrasion-resistant and tough enough to withstand season after season of use and abuse
- Arva pocket is hydration compatible so you can drop a hydration sleeve inside
- Ski, snowboard, and ice axe holder is retractable so it can be deployed when you need it
- Editor's note: although this backpack is ABS compatible it does NOT ship with an ABS airbag base unit (sold separately)
Share your thoughts
I don't have this, but one of my buddies picked this up & it looks really solid. Better than the Vario ABS cover, not quite as good as the DaKine cover, I feel this is the best bang for the buck on the bc.com site for ABS covers.
Arva is a euro based company that has been around for a while that just made the jump to North America in the last year. They are not a new startup, they just are new to North America.
Best Snowboard carry for an airbag pack!
B Burns dropping some lines in Rock Springs, loving the 18L for quick on/off transitions while hiking out of Jackson Hole. This pack is a great compliment for the ABS Vario system, and is a great size for day trip and resort use. The straps on the 18 Liter have a grippy surface and easy access to buckles making it a very tight and functional pack for ski and especially snowboard use.