- Detail Images
A bib pant built by hardcore alpine athletes for hardcore alpine athletes.
The Arc'teryx Women's Theta SV Bib offers all the features you'd expect from a serious hardshell bib pant like Gore-Tex Pro guaranteed waterproof breathable protection. But the devil is in the details, which is where you can tell that this pant was designed by actual skiers and mountaineers. Features like instep areas that are reinforced both inside and out and clever suspender placement that let you quickly and easily drop the seat when nature calls are clues that you can rely on the Theta SV to keep you dry and comfortable through wet, stormy, and windy conditions season after season.
- Waterproof breathable three-layer Gore-Tex Pro fabrics, DWR finish, and super-tight weave of the proprietary N80p-X shell fabric work together to keep you dry in raging storms
- Proprietary nylon N80p-X offers exceptional durability that stands up to years of hard use, yet is remarkably soft, supple and quiet
- Burly N150p fabric in the knees, lower leg, and seat protects high-wear areas
- Lightweight microseams taped with tiny Gore tape keep unwanted water out without adding bulk or impeding breathabilty
- Athletic fit with e3D articulated patterning allows full freedom of motion and a non-baggy fit in the rear
- Full side two-way, WaterTight zippers allow for easy on-off over boots and ventilation
- Innovative suspender location works with full side zips to give you a drop-seat option without requiring removal of the suspenders
- Integrated elastic waist adds comfort and a clean finish
- Powder cuffs with lace hooks and hem drawcords seal snow out of your boots
- Small zippered stash pockets in the front bib give you handy spots for your phone, cash or gel packets
- Keptrotec instep patches protect against ski edges and crampons, while ballistic nylon backing on the inner face prevents damage from boot buckles
Share your thoughts
Snug or Huge
The quality is amazing. These pants are killer for keeping you dry, ventilating BIG TIME (excellent for touring!) esp. since the bib does not extend too high on the chest. The gaiters are perfect.
The highlight: the full side leg zips extend to the wait/chest (secured by 2 snap closures at the top) and allow for a quick pee in the trees. Amazing. This is the best! So so great. I have never enjoyed going to the ladies room more since it's actually easy in a bib.
Complaints: the pockets on the chest are smaller than they used to be (around 5 years ago).
The size small looks super cute (perfect for skiing in-resort. my bum looks cute and they are slim-profile/look reasonable) BUT are kind of tight in the hips for more active pursuits (like touring or ice climbing). I can only wear one heavyweight icebreaker wool layer long underwear underneath.
I tried the M and they were billowy and huge and ridiculous. My bum looked awful (but allow for ample movement!).
Too bad there isn't a size in between.
I am looking for something more comfortable for my very cold and more intense trips (roomy and attractive). Might try Mammut...
Can you deliver the womens arcteryx theta...
Can you deliver the womens arcteryx theta sv bib in a medium with the tall inseam option?
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
I have an older model of these pants (from 5 years ago) and I love them but because they're wearing out I need to replace them. I've tried this year's and last year's models of Arcteryx Theta SV bib and they are TOO LONG to the point that the legs bunch up when worn over ski boots and it just looks awkward and the extra fabric gets in the way. Very disappointed because they otherwise fit true to the size and have a flattering fit/pattern.
Well Constructed, Gets the Job Done
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Snowboarding in Colorado (and not being a pro) I fall a lot and was used to being wet and having snow get under my pants. These awesome pants have solved that for me. The best part is that they are build so solid that despite my major abuse they look good as new. Everything was thought of and the fit and breath-ability are superb. Wear some capeline underneath and you will be good to go for a day on the slopes. I am a GORE MOUNTAIN TECH member and test gear for Gore, but because of that I knew exactly what to look for. You won't be disappointed if you give these a try!