The Arc'teryx Phase SL Short-Sleeve Crew refuses to be pinned down to one season or activity. Whether you're outdoors running, hiking, climbing, or skiing, or you're at the gym escaping bad weather, the Phasic SL is engineered to keep you dry; you'll be extra-comfortable, too, thanks to the new, softer fabric.
- Lightweight Phasic SL fabric provides enhanced breathability to regulate comfort during aerobic activities
- Multidimensional polyester yarn in Phasic fabric wicks moisture with remarkable speed, while soft, fine polypropylene yarn features embedded silver-ion technology to fight odors
- Mechanical stretch allows plenty of freedom of movement and a close, next-to-body fit that encourages wicking
- Flatlock seams won't chafe under pack straps or with repetitive motion
- UPF 25-rated protection prevents sunburn on your high-altitude adventures
Share your thoughts
Snug fitting base layer
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: Runs small
These certainly fit snug, I am 165 (5'10") and use a size medium.Great baselayer when heading out on the mountain or even backyard with the kids. wicks away moisture very well but sometimes I find that it feels a bit damp after a day of hard skiing (although you never notice the dampness). Same issue when using it for running it does not seem to dry as fast as some of my other tech T's. The bonus is that you really do not have that damp feeling that some of these products have when using them.
Overall decent baselayer, I am not sure about the anti microbial layer as I find they do get a case of the stinks if they sit around in my laundry bin for a few day (similar products that have anti microbials i have used did not have this same prob)
Good alternative to wool
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I'm a dyed in the wool...wool fanatic, love the icebreaker, ibex and patagonia wool lines, but I have been wanting something that really dries fast. Have not been a big fan of capilene 1, but I really like my ArcT motus shirts so I gave this a try. First, I went with a really performance fit in M. I'm 5'11" 178lbs...reasonably athletic build. It is snug, but it will always be worn under something else so I don't care. Good news is that it is long enough not to pull above the belt when bending over to set bindings etc... Feels really good on the skin, like the motus, and really really wicks. Does not stay wet or stink too much at the end of the day. Have not done back to back days w/o washing so can't attest to long term odor retention. Liked it enough to order a second one.