Let the packing begin.
The Arc'teryx Palisade Short deserves must-pack status for your next trip into the Wasatch. Built with soft but durable TerraTex fabric, this adventure-oriented short also utilizes a gusseted crotch for maximum mobility and range of motion. Climb, hike, or simply lounge in peace knowing a chamois-lined waist reflects Arc'teryx's dedication to comfort. Stash your essentials in your pockets, but remember that this short is itself an essential.
- TerraTex breathable, durable, quick-drying stretch fabric
- Trim fit, articulated gusset
- Adjustable waistband
- Hand and cargo pockets
- UPF 50+ sun protection
- Item #ARC00G8
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 34
The Palisade short and pants were revised this year. I have a pair of the previous style and this is definitely an improvement all around:
- There is now one back pocket.
- All five pockets have zippers. The hand pockets were not zippered before.
- The hand pockets and the new back pocket now have meshes in them. I suppose this would help slightly with ventilation.
- The integrated belt metal buckle is new and it works much better than the old plastic one.
- The thigh pockets are now sown with a fold in the fabric which gives them room to expand.
- The fabric somehow feels a little smoother than before even though the label seems to indicate nothing has changed.
In short, a highly refined, technical, hiking short. They perform excellent.