- Detail Images
All-mountain, year-round versatility.
You're dedicated to all seasons and all sports, so the Arc'teryx Kata 30 Backpack is a no-brainer. Small but tough, this all-mountain daypack uses ballistic textiles for multi-season durability. Arc'teryx knows that just because a pack is small doesn't mean it has to be featureless, which is why they equipped the Kata 30 with an anatomic suspension system.
- Arc'on laminated suspension system features aluminum stays and low-profile, optimally distributed padding for breathability and comfort
- Ergonomic, thermoformed hip-belt takes the bite out of your load and maintains comfort over longer distances
- Anatomically shaped shoulder straps allow natural circulation and comfort even during heavy load transport
- Durable Cordura fabric stands up to abuse; reinforced high-wear zones add even more durability
- HydroPort tech makes the pack hydration-bladder-compatible so you can easily keep your body's reserves topped off during hot days (bladder not included)
- Compression straps help manage load packing and bulk
Share your thoughts
Nice, but returning it...
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
Note that this pack is also known as the Kea; Kata is the older name for it.
Purchased this pack and was excited to see it arrive in the mail. I was looking for a pack for day hiking, late overnighting, and perhaps use as a luggage carry-on. What I found was one giant storage area, plus one kangaroo pocket, plus...Nothing else! While 37 L and above sizes feature side pockets and basic organizational features, the 30 L pack has no hip belt pockets, and no external sidepocket, and very little to keep it organized. No bladder pocket either.
I returned this pack and got the Axios 35 instead. Much happier with the Axios. It's about the same size as the Kata/Kea, but it has external pockets, more pockets within the brain of the pack, and somehow seems smaller even though it's bigger.
My torso measures 21", which according to...
My torso measures 21", which according to the size chart would be a regular pack. The sizes listed for sale are short/regular or regular/tall. Which should I purchase for the best fit?
The tall size fits a 21 inch torso no problem.