- Community Images
A feature-packed, reliable insulator with a feminine fit.
Fight off everything the mountain throws at you with the insulated protection of the Arc’teryx Women’s Fission SV Jacket. Thanks to durable waterproof Gore-Tex Pro N80p-X fabric and feather-weight Coreloft insulation, you can endure nasty conditions on wind-blasted and snow-covered peaks. And thanks to the intelligent placement of fabrics and insulation, you can stay warm and still be able to move freely.
- Waterproof breathable Gore-Tex Pro membrane, DWR finish, and super-tight weave of the proprietary nylon shell fabric work together to keep you dry in raging storms
- Abrasion-resistant 3-layer N80p-X in the shoulders and upper arms and supple 2-layer Gore-Tex Pro makeup in the lower body balance durability with lightweight mobility
- Lightweight, radiant Coreloft polyester insulation delivers delicious warmth without weight
- Lighter-weight insulation in the underarm gussets give you extra mobility and a better fit
- Expedition fit gives you room to layer under the jacket on those crazy-cold days
- Low-bulk microseams taped with tiny Gore tape keep unwanted water out
- Insulated Drop Hood fits over your helmet to seal out the elements on stormy days
- Insulated collar and neck gaiter add warmth in sensitive area
- Laminated hook-and loop-tabs on cuffs block out cold weather, while floating hem drawcord lets you batten down the hatches without disturbing the smooth lines of the jacket
- Two internal mesh drop-in pockets and insulated hand pockets outside give you plenty of storage space for your on-hill essentials
Share your thoughts
my new fav polar vortex jacket
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: Runs large
I was on the fence getting this jacket versus canada goose parka the biggest thing with the canada goose was that...itt has the warmth but the weight that it entails so i finally bought this jacket and hoped it would be warm enough on this frigid temps.
Earlier today i wore a fleece denali plus down 850 count mountain hardwear ghost whisperer and i was cold but not frigid cold thought that's normal bec its -9 and feels like -36F per forecast first time in decades in my area which im new anyway . I received later on the day my arcteryx sv fission and went out again and felt cold on my feet, legs, and hands but not my body without a midlayer!!! maybe bec it blocks the -36 windchill...whatever it is ...its so lightweight..nice fit and lighweight and most important super warm. i weight 130lbs and got a medium and still has lots of space.
i couldnt be happier with this jacket and just on time for the polar vortex temp.