- Community Images
The Arc'teryx Long-Sleeve Ether Crew gives you just the right level of warmth for a brisk hike, run, or backpacking stint in cool, high-altitude air. Sweating is uncomfortable and so is chilly air, but when the two team up, it can zap your energy, leave you feeling cold and clammy, and make you turn back when you really want to keep pushing. Wear this long-sleeve performance shirt when you know you're going to work up a sweat even though the temperature is on the cool side.
- Durable Helius fabric quickly wicks moisture to help sweat evaporate and speed up your body's ability to cool itself down
- Viente mesh panels under your arms and down your sides vent excess heat to help keep you cool
- UPF 50 shields you from the sun
- Athletic fit is streamlined for efficient movement
- Articulated design with no-lift underarm gussets give you a movement-friendly feel and let you reach your arms above your head without moving your shirt
- Flatlock seams reduce friction to prevent chafing
Share your thoughts
Worth the crazy price.
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
The Ether is super light, super thin, and super durable.
I have never encountered another shirt that even comes close. Here Arc' has found something extraordinarily comfortable to wear, but which provides formidable protection from the elements without weighing you down. If you've worn the SL Phase long underwear Arc makes, then you get a sense for how this shirt feels (except you wouldn't wear it skin tight like the Phase stuff..)
This shirt is excellent for layering and works on its own as well. It's so comfortable I find myself wearing it around town as well, since it is an ideal "under tshirt" layer.
My own criticisms:
-- The new version of the shirt has mesh strips along the sides, whereas the old ones didn't. I think I prefer the old version.
-- The neck hole is a little wider than I'd ideally like.
-- More colors would be great since this can be a wear everyday item for many people.
Ether on the AT
A fantastic shirt for hiking when you need long sleeves (sun, bugs) but it's hot and muggy. 5'11" 200#.