Because the cold stinks, and you shouldn’t.
- Merino wool stays warm even when wet so you don’t get chills after sweating or nose-diving into a powder bank
- Gusseted crotch allows full range of motion for when you’re carving turns or hiking out of a bowl
- Highly resilient stretch maintains skin contact to maximize thermal efficiency and reduce layering bulk
- Flatlock seams add comfort and minimize chafing so you can go hard during après-ski time as well as ski time
Share your thoughts
Easier to tear than wet paper
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I much prefer the SmartWool NTS Lightweight Bottom. The first time I put the Arc'teryx on I put my foot right through them. I've done that three times. Save the money and pick up another brand.
Nice but fragile
These are very thin, form fitting bottoms, suitable as a base layer and under tights for biking or running or just casual wear. But they tear very easily and frequently if you are not extremely careful putting them on and taking them off. A sharp finger nail is all it takes to slice them open.